Self-Portrait with Bandaged Ear and Pipe, 1889 by Vincent van Gogh
Pandemic Portrait with Bandaged Ear and Kazoo, 2020 by Quarantine Kid’s Mom
Note: Quarantine Kid's mom told me she used a filter on her phone to get that "painted effect". It's actually a photo.
Pictures will appear here
Girl with a Pearl Earring by Johannes Vermeer
Bailey Girl with a Pearl Earring by Jackie Krimmel
Dillsburg and Surrounding Areas - Show your Creative Side!
(and learn about art history in the process)
Recreate A Famous Work of Art using your family, your pets, or objects around the house. Send submissions to email@example.com by June 15, 2020. Submissions will be posted to our site after we review them. Visit often to see the gallery of pictures. Prizes include gift cards to support local businesses in our community.
Choose your artwork – Use these links for ideas or just Google “famous artwork” or “classic artwork”:
- Recreate artwork using your family, your pets, or objects around the house. Then take a photo!
- Must be family friendly, Dillsburg Arts has the right to reject inappropriate submissions
- All ages welcome (Under 18 – make sure you have parent permission)
- Let your imagination go wild – Enter as many different creations as you’d like
- Pictures submitted imply agreement to be posted on Social Media and the Dillsburg Arts website
- Email your submission to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Include with your submission: Name of Famous Artwork (ex: "Starry Night"), name you'd like displayed with your art, Phone/text, attachment of your recreated artwork photo, attachment of the famous work you used for inspiration
Here are some examples from creative folks around the world to help you get started (click arrows to see slide show):